Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Stains



Is it just me or do other moms try to lean towards serving their children the absolute least messy meals? I mean we all love spaghetti, but let me tell you...bib or no bib, spaghetti sauce always finds its way on the shirts of my little ones. 
After my girls went on a "NO MORE CHICKEN NUGGETS" strike I had to think of how to tackle these stains head-on with complete victory and of all places this tip came to me on our family vacation. While on vacation (although I myself was not actually on vacation, just away from home doing my wifely/motherly duties,) we of course enjoy every edible treat available; snow cones, funnel cake, pizza, however, there isn't always a washer and dryer and my Shout Stain Remover handy. 

I refuse to allow these little stains to stick around for the rest of our trip. Grandma always said "use sweet soap" (also known as bar soap) on stains as a pre-wash treatment and that is a great way to handle these little vacation stains. 
I never use hotel soap on myself or my family. Nothing personally against it but we are just Dove people, however I find that hotel soap is the best pre-wash stain treater. Just wet the garment, rub the soap directly on the stain and allow it to sit. I personally allow it to dry on the garment until we return home and once washed..BAM...the stains are gone. Now on vacation I am the woman collecting all the hotel soap =)

No comments:

Post a Comment