Monday, November 21, 2011

Road Trip!


 A couple of weekends ago I took a short trip to Savannah, GA with my dear friend K. Byrd. We had a nice time just aimlessly wondering the infamous River St. The weather was nice....a little cold the first night, but nice nonetheless. We enjoyed the sights, the food and the wonderful sound from a saxophone player as we walked from shop to shop. One thing I love about this part of Savannah is the calmness. It just seems so peaceful during the day and night. My friend and I enjoyed delicious food from Huey's, The Cobblestone Cafe and Paula Deen's Lady and Sons.  











 This little trip was much anticipated for weeks and to my surprise (just knowing this was the mini-vacation I needed to re-up) I COULD NOT EVEN SLEEP THROUGH AN ENTIRE NIGHT!!! What in the world???!!!??? Was I missing my 2-yr-old's knees in my back or my 18 month old crying for milk at 2am? Who knows...but what I do know is, although I enjoyed this trip, I missed the heck out of my family and could not wait to return to them. 


*All the sweet little notes my husband hid throughout my suitcase!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment